Sponsored by Quizlet, Inc. (“Sponsor”). NO PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR OTHERWISE ASSOCIATED AIRBNB, INC.
- Eligibility: The Quizlet 2022 Unconference Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), and Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in the participant’s jurisdiction of residence at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Quizlet, its promotional partners, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law. All federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Employees of the Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Entrant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by the rules of the Sweepstakes (“Official Rules”), and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Quizlet as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes will run from Thursday, June 2, 2022 through Wednesday, July 27, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter: You must sign up for Quizlet’s 2022 Unconference virtual event (“Event”) by July 27, 2022 (“Submission”).
- Prize Winner Selection: On Tuesday, July 26, 2022 and Wednesday, July 27, 2022, one (1) winner will be randomly selected on each day (totaling 2 winners) (“Winners”) from all valid Submissions received during the Sweepstakes Period. Winners will be announced during the live Event each day and will be emailed the day after the random selection. The selection will be overseen by the Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Winners will be notified by email used to sign up for the virtual event and must claim their prizes within 48 hours and may be required to provide additional information to confirm eligibility and allow delivery of prize, including, without limitation, email address, full name, postal address and phone number. If selected Winners cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, and/or, where an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winners may, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, be selected from remaining valid, eligible Submissions timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a Submission, the Submission will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the account associated with the Submission. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the account by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning accounts for the service associated with the Submission. No automatically generated Submissions will be accepted.
Should the selected Winner(s) be a Canadian citizen, the selected entrant must answer correctly without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question which will be sent via email. If the selected entrant fails to correctly answer the question he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected. The potential Winner(s) who correctly answers the skill-testing question will be notified by email at the Sponsors’ discretion using the email address provided when registering for the Event. If a potential Winner is determined to be less than the age of majority in his/her province of residence, then the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected in their place.
- Rights to the Submission: Entrant grants to Sponsor a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable right and license, with a right to sublicense through multiple tiers, to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, sell and offer for sale, distribute copies of, perform and display publicly, and otherwise exploit Entrant’s Submission, in any manner in which Sponsor sees fit, in any and all media, now existing or hereafter developed. Entrant represents, warrants and covenants that Entrant’s Submission (i) is original and of Entrant's own creation, (ii) has not been entered in any other competition or contest, including other competitions or contests conducted by Sponsor, (iii) does not violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of other parties, or third party rights of publicity or rights of privacy, (iv) is not offensive or defamatory and does not contain vulgar or profane language, as determined by the judges and the Sponsor, and (v) does not violate the Quizlet Terms of Service, Community Guidelines or Honor Code. Entrant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against Sponsor, or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the Submission as provided herein, infringes any of Entrant’s rights as creator of the Submission, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights and moral rights or “droit moral.”
- Prizes: Each Winner will receive one $500.00 Airbnb gift card. ( the “Prize”).
No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. ARV of each prize is $500 USD (Airbnb gift card), totaling the value of all prizes to $1,000.00 USD. Prize items/brands are not affiliated with Quizlet.
- Odds: The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Submissions received.
- Disclaimers; Indemnity; Limitation of Liability: The Sweepstakes is offered by Sponsor, 123 Townsend Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 9410 This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Inc., Target Inc., Spotify Inc. or DoorDash, Inc. Sponsor is not responsible for (a) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable Submissions, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (b) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of Submission materials; or (c) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Sweepstakes, (“Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all claims, suits, actions, demands, and proceedings of any kind threatened, asserted or filed against Sponsor and/or any Indemnified Party by any third party (collectively "Claims"), and any damages, losses, expenses, liabilities or costs of any kind, (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees, witness fees and court costs) incurred in connection with such Claims, that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) arising out of or relating to any breach or alleged breach of any warranty, representation or covenant made by Entrant herein, (ii) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; and (ii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will provide Entrant reasonably prompt written notice of any such Claims and provide Entrant with reasonable information and assistance, at Entrant’s expense, to help Entrant to defend such Claims. Entrant will not have any right, without Sponsor’s written consent, to settle any such claim if such settlement contains a stipulation to or admission or acknowledgment of, any liability or wrongdoing (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) on the part of the Sponsor or otherwise requires Sponsor to take or refrain from taking any material action (such as the payment of fees). In no event will Sponsor be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Sweepstakes, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Sponsor Has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. SPONSOR’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO ANY ENTRANT UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL NOT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, and statements attributed to Entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, and Sponsor’s website at com or any of Quizlet’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn without additional compensation.
- General: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Sweepstakes is compromised, without liability to the Entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or winners, as determined by Sponsor, in its discretion. The Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant acknowledges that Entrant has read these Official Rules and agrees to abide by them and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern District of California or the state courts located in San Francisco County, California.
- Winner’s List, Official Rules: For a list of prize winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Quizlet Sweepstakes, 123 Townsend Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107 or (for Winner’s list only) send an email message to info/HelpMessage with “Winner’s List” as the email subject and sweepstakes name specified in the body of the e-mail, as well as details of your request.
- Sponsor: Quizlet, Inc. 123 Townsend Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107.