- The promoter of this prize draw competition ("Competition") is Quizlet Limited (we, us and our). Our registered company number is 11367727, and our registered office is at 5 New Street Square, London, United Kingdom, EC4A 3TW.
- In order to enter the Competition, you must:
- be at least 18 years' old as at 1 September 2021;
- be resident in the UK;
- be undertaking higher education in the UK which costs tuition fees;
- sign up for a free Quizlet account;
- complete the entry form, including providing your real name, Quizlet username, email address, the university you attend, the year you are in, and the university course you are reading; and
- only make one entry, except that you are allowed up to nine further entries if you refer your friends to enter via a unique link you generate via the <Sweep Widget application>. Please note that we are not responsible for content owned or operated by Sweep Widget or on its website. By using that website you will be subject to a separate agreement with Sweep Widget.
- Officers, employees, agents and contractors (including student ambassadors and/or social media influencers who have received monetary compensation from Quizlet Limited or Quizlet, Inc.) of Quizlet Limited or Quizlet, Inc., anyone professionally associated with this Competition, and members of the respective families of any of the foregoing are not eligible to participate in the Competition. No purchase is required.
- By entering the Competition, you will be deemed to accept these terms, together with all entry instructions, which form part of these terms.
- There is one prize of one year's tuition for the course you are reading, up to a maximum value of £10,000 (the "Prize"). This will be paid as a cash prize to the Winner (as defined below).
- The opening date for entry is 1 September 2021. The closing date for entry is midnight on 30 November 2021. Entries received after this time and illegible entries will be discounted. We do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or postal service. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- The first fully completed entry form drawn at random for each Prize will determine the Prize winner ("Winner(s)"). The draw will be made by a computer process producing verifiably random results in the first week of December 2021.
- The Winner's entitlement to the Prize is non-transferable. The Prize is provided on an 'as is' basis and is non-negotiable. Unless you win the First Prize, there is no cash alternative in whole or in part for the Prize. We reserve the right to award an alternative Prize (which may consist of one or more items) of equal or greater value.
- The Winner will be drawn and notified by email in the second week of December. The Winner must respond to us to claim a Prize within 48 hours of the Prize being won. In order to prove their eligibility to be a Winner, such response must include evidence that they are enrolled at their university (such as a student ID) and that they are at least 18 years' old (such as a passport or driving licence).
- We will make all reasonable attempts to contact the Winner by email, but if we do not receive a response to claim the Prize within 48 hours of the Prize being won, we reserve the right to draw another Winner in place of the original Winner or to forfeit the Prize altogether, without liability to the Winner.
- The Prize will be delivered to the Winner within 28 days of the closing date.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who cheats or who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process for, or the operation of, the Competition, or whose conduct is in breach of these terms, contrary to the spirit of these terms or the intention of the Competition, or might, in our reasonable opinion, bring us, any of our affiliates or any of our or their respective brands into disrepute.
- We reserve the right not to award the Prize or to seek the return of the Prize awarded in the event that the Winner is not entitled to receive it in accordance with applicable law (even though you are solely responsible for ensuring that you are entitled to receive the Prize if you win) or if we have cause to disqualify the Winner in accordance with section 12.
- The Winner is solely responsible for the payment of any applicable tax in relation to the Prize and for any costs associated with the Prize or its use, including without limitation the cost of complying with any requirements of applicable law.
- Our offering of a particular Prize implies no affiliation on our part with or sponsorship or endorsement of the relevant third party manufacturer, supplier, provider or organiser.
- The Winner is solely responsible for all use made of the Prize. Subject to section 23 and except as expressly provided in these terms, no representations, warranties, conditions or other terms are made, given or accepted by us and no other terms shall apply, as between us and any person, in relation to the Prize, including without limitation any terms as to suitably, reliability, satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose, or any other implied terms, all of which we exclude to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- The Winner may be required to take part in some promotional activity, such as publicity photographs, as a condition of receiving the Prize.
- The Winner's name, and the university they attend, will be posted on our website(s), and social media channels and referenced in our promotional emails and literature.
- By participating in the Competition, you agree that, if you win, you will co-operate in all advertising, marketing and publicity material and activities we may, at our expense, produce or arrange and you will sign, if requested, an irrevocable release form allowing us, without any compensation being payable, to use your name, photograph, likeness, details of the country and/or city where you live, any comments made by or attributed to you, and to incorporate any such information in and any audio/visual recording or broadcast for such promotional purposes, in any media, throughout the world.
- You agree that our decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the Competition.
- We reserve the right, in exceptional circumstances, to vary, amend or withdraw the Competition on reasonable notice.
- Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability that, by law, may not be limited or excluded. Subject to this, in no event shall we be liable to you for any loss, damage or disappointment suffered as a result of your entering (or inability to enter) the Competition or your acceptance or non-acceptance of the Prize if you win.
- These terms and the Competition shall be governed by English law.
Addendum to the Competition Terms
This addendum (“Addendum”) to the Competition Terms describes certain rules specific to the Back To School Competition and incorporates the official Competition Terms by reference.
This Addendum does not contain all of the rules applicable to this competition. To review all applicable terms, read this Addendum together with the official Competition Terms. If there is a conflict between the Competition Terms and the rules described in this Addendum, this Addendum shall control. Capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meaning attributed to them in the Competition Terms.
Weekly Prize: In addition to the Prize in the Competition Terms, there will be seven (7) Winners randomly selected every Tuesday, beginning October 12, 2021 through November 23, 2021, each receiving a cash prize of £1,000.00 (“Weekly Prize”). If selected twice to receive the Weekly Prize, another random selection will be made among other eligible entrants.
All eligible entrants, including Weekly Prize Winners, will be entered into the random draw for the grand Prize described in the Competition Terms.
Notification of Winners: If selected, we will notify you of the selection via email on the day following the draw (i.e. Weekly Prize #1 drawn on October 12; Winner will be notified on October 13) and must respond within 48 hours. In order to prove your eligibility to be a Winner, such response must include evidence that you are enrolled at your university (such as a student ID) and that you are at least 18 years' old (such as a passport or driving licence).