Contest is closed. Ended September 16, 2019.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: The QUIZLET 2019 BACK TO SCHOOL GIVEAWAY (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the United States who are over the age of 13 at the time of entry. Entrants who are not over the age of 18 at time of entry must have parental consent. Employees of Quizlet, Inc. ("Sponsor") and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Entrant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by the rules of the Sweepstakes (“Official Rules”), and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Quizlet as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Sweepstakes.
- Campaign Period: Submissions will be accepted starting on August 20, 2019 12:00AM PST and ending September 16, 2019 at 11:59pm PT (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter: There are two methods of entry.
- Method 1: All Quizlet users who add or update their current school and/or courses to their Quizlet user profile during the Contest Period will be automatically entered in the Sweepstakes (“User Profile Entry”).
- Method 2: You may hand print your name, address, telephone number and email address on a piece of paper, insert the paper in a #10 envelope and mail the envelope to: Quizlet 2019 Back to School Giveaway Entry, 501 2nd Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94107 (“Mail-in Entry”). Your Mail-in Entry must be postmarked during the Contest Period and received by Sponsor by September 23, 2019 at 4:59pm PT.
Both the User Profile Entry and Mail-in Entry are referred hereafter as “Submissions”. Incomplete Submissions will not be accepted. You may complete a maximum of 1 Submission total. No mechanically reproduced Submissions are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such Submissions by such methods. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, misdirected, altered, illegible or corrupted Submissions. All Submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
- Prize Winner Selection: There will be a total of five hundred (500) prize winners (“Winners”) from all valid Submissions received during the Sweepstakes Period. Winners will be selected randomly from all eligible Submissions received. The selection will be overseen by the Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Winners will be notified by email and must claim their prizes within 48 hours and may be required to provide additional information to confirm eligibility and allow delivery of prize, including, without limitation, email address, full name, postal address and phone number.
- Rights to the Submission: Entrant grants to Sponsor a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable right and license, with a right to sublicense through multiple tiers, to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, sell and offer for sale, distribute copies of, perform and display publicly, and otherwise exploit Entrant’s Submission, in any manner in which Sponsor sees fit, in any and all media, now existing or hereafter developed. Entrant represents, warrants and covenants that Entrant’s Submission (i) is original and of Entrant's own creation, (ii) has not been entered in any other competition or contest, including other competitions or contests conducted by Sponsor, (iii) does not violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of other parties, or third party rights of publicity or rights of privacy, (iv) is not offensive or defamatory and does not contain vulgar or profane language, as determined by the judges and the Sponsor, and (v) does not violate the Quizlet Terms of Service, Community Guidelines or Honor Code. Entrant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against Sponsor, or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the Submission as provided herein, infringes any of Entrant’s rights as creator of the Submission, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights and moral rights or “droit moral.”
- Prizes: The first one hundred and fifty (150) Winners will receive one (1) Quizlet notebook pack, including a Quizlet-themed notebook, pens, stickers, and other items at the discretion of Sponsor. The next three hundred and fifty (350) Winners will receive one (1) Quizlet sticker pack, including a Quizlet-themed pen and stickers, and other items at the discretion of Sponsor. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. ARV of each Quizlet notebook pack prize is ten dollars ($10 USD), ARV of each Quizlet sticker pack prize is five dollars ($5 USD), total ARV of all prizes is three thousand, two hundred and fifty dollars ($3,250 USD).
- Odds: The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Submissions received.
- Notification of Prize Winner: Winners will be contacted directly via email. Sponsor will notify the Winner within two (2) business days of selection. The prize winner may be asked to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. If a selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, and/or, where an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, be selected from remaining valid, eligible Submissions timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a Submission, the Submission will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the account associated with the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the account by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning accounts for the service associated with the Submission. No automatically generated Submissions will be accepted.
- Elimination: Any false information provided within the context of the Sweepstakes by any entrant concerning identity, postal address, telephone number, ownership of right or noncompliance with these Official Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules.
- Disclaimers; Indemnity; Limitation of Liability: The Sweepstakes is offered by Sponsor, 501 2nd Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA which is not responsible for (a) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable Submissions, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (b) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of Submission materials; or (c) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Sweepstakes, (“Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all claims, suits, actions, demands, and proceedings of any kind threatened, asserted or filed against Sponsor and/or any Indemnified Party by any third party (collectively "Claims"), and any damages, losses, expenses, liabilities or costs of any kind, (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees, witness fees and court costs) incurred in connection with such Claims, that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) arising out of or relating to any breach or alleged breach of any warranty, representation or covenant made by Entrant herein, (ii) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; and (ii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will provide Entrant reasonably prompt written notice of any such Claims and provide Entrant with reasonable information and assistance, at Entrant’s expense, to help Entrant to defend such Claims. Entrant will not have any right, without Sponsor’s written consent, to settle any such claim if such settlement contains a stipulation to or admission or acknowledgment of, any liability or wrongdoing (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) on the part of the Sponsor or otherwise requires Sponsor to take or refrain from taking any material action (such as the payment of fees). In no event will Sponsor be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Sweepstakes, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Sponsor Has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. SPONSOR’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO ANY ENTRANT UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL NOT EXCEED THE VALUE OF A PRIZE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, and statements attributed to Entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, and Sponsor’s website at quizlet.com or any of Quizlet’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn without additional compensation.
- General: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Sweepstakes is compromised, without liability to the Entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its discretion. The Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant acknowledges that Entrant has read these Official Rules and agrees to abide by them and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern District of California or the state courts located in San Francisco County, California.
- Winner’s List, Official Rules: For a list of prize winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Quizlet Sweepstakes, 501 2nd Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94107 or (for Winner’s list only) send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Winner’s list” as the email subject and sweepstakes name specified in the body of the e-mail as well as details of your request.
- Severability. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- Sponsor. Quizlet, Inc., 501 2nd Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94107